pld rpm 5.4.17

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Sat Mar 4 19:34:20 CET 2017

> On Mar 4, 2017, at 1:21 PM, Jeffrey Johnson <n3npq at me.com> wrote:
>

> A header with nested immutable regions would then look like
> 	Y X ABCD QRST abcd x qrst y
> where Q,R,S,T are tags associated with the outer immutable region.

Grrr … but at least a picture helped me recreate what was intended …

This SHOULD have been
	Y QRST X ABCD abcd x qrst y
not
	Y X ABCD QRST abcd x qrst y
the difference being that offsets in the ‘x’ trailer do not need to be recalculated when nesting.

A “real world” implementation would be to complete the nested immutable region implementation to
ensure that appended tags (i.e. JKL) are part of an immutable region (with canonical plaintext)
and add a second signature on the header blob while registering in an rpmdb.

hth

73 de Jeff