[packages/rsync] - downgrade to 3.1.2 due to server segfault

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Wed Apr 18 07:57:28 CEST 2018

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018, Elan Ruusamae wrote:

> quite temperamentic change not justifying imho epoch bump.

Every version downgrade should justify epoch bump, or you won't be able
to install the package :)

> did you just try to downgrade in your env and put package to old

I sure did, and I also rebuilt rsync to eliminate any possible build
artifacs before downgrading the package. My env is cvs.pld-linux.org,
rsyncing those resources just doesn't work anymore with 3.1.3.
I straced it and rsync crashes immediately after starting.

> and perhaps bisect to commit that breaks if you're sure it's code not
> build releated.

I'd rather bump the epoch to make sure everything works and try working
out what broke later, as I don't have that much time to spent on
debugging weird problems :(

--
Jan Rękorajski                    | PLD/Linux
SysAdm | baggins<at>pld-linux.org | http://www.pld-linux.org/