qt5 build system

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Sat Aug 11 23:29:02 CEST 2018

On Sat, 11 Aug 2018, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anyone have an idea why qt5 build system thinks we are not using gcc?
>
> Example when trying to build qt5-qtwebengine.spec from master:
>

> Qt WebEngine on Linux requires clang or GCC.
> QtWebEngine will not be built.

That build system just plain sucks.

It takes it from /usr/lib/qt5/mkspecs/common/g++-base.conf : QMAKE_COMPILER
We have it set to <arch>-pld-linux-gcc and that dumb QtWebEngine wants
'gcc' there. I'd just remove that stupid check in QtWebEngine.

--
Jan Rękorajski                    | PLD/Linux
SysAdm | baggins<at>pld-linux.org | http://www.pld-linux.org/