libexec and multi-arch

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Mon Feb 5 16:13:32 CET 2018

On Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 10:47:32 +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> Using lib/lib64/libx32 instead of libexec was much smarter in this case.

No, it only hidden the problem behind getconf binary being handled
_somehow_. I once even wondered how this is done, apparently rpm is
trying to be way too smart.

> Are we dropping multi-arch support in PLD all together?

Multi-arch means ability to install multiple libraries, not binaries -
there is no /usr/bin64 for getconf using /usr/lib64/getconf files.

Anyway, our multi-arch usually requires the same versions of packages
due to various man pages or locales shipped with the libraries. Just
like in case of glibc.

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>