freeradius-server 3.0

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Wed Oct 10 15:33:59 CEST 2018

Hi,

I have been updating our freeradius-server package to current version
(3.0.17), as a part of updating PLD to the new OpenSSL. I managed to
build it and it even seems to work, but I have no way of proper testing it.

Also, changes in configuration and available modules are quite
significant between 2.2 and 3.0. There is no way a radius server will
just continue to run after update and I see no realistic way to do it –
even if some triggers could do it, then only for some basic/default
configuration no one uses in a real world.

Additionally, I have dropped two third-party patches, as I could not
find any up-to-date versions:
http://download.ag-projects.com/CDRTool/contrib/freeradius-brandinger/failed_calls_accounting.patch
http://eduroam.pl/Dokumentacja/cui-fr-2.2.0.patch

In short: manual configuration changes will be needed after upgrading
freeradius-server and some functionality we had in freeradius-server 2.2
might be missing now.

Any thoughts? Anybody ready to do proper testing for the new package? Or
am I doing this just for sport?

Jacek