Fwd: ERRORS: openchange.spec

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Thu Apr 11 07:23:12 CEST 2019

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 10:43:02AM +0200, Adam Golebiowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I suggest to drop openchange. The project is effectively dead:
> - last commit from Dec 2015 [0]
> - openchange.org domain expired and noone bothered to renew - got hijacked
> - samba's wiki on openchange also states lack of development [1]
>
> There are some alternatives like sogo [2], [3] for those that need such
> functionality.
>
> [0] https://github.com/openchange/openchange/commits/master
> [1] https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/OpenChange
> [2] https://sogo.nu/
> [3] https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo

AFAIK to sole purpose of preserving openchange is evolution MAPI module
(evolution-mapi). As long as it's maintained (relying on openchange),
there is a reason to keep openchange.
For the time being, Fedora is still maintaining openchange patches, so
we can use them.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/