Re: Can we finally switch to systemd /run directory? /var/run sucks…

glen glen at pld-linux.org
Tue Feb 19 15:27:11 CET 2019

On 2/19/19 10:39 AM, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> On 19/02/2019 09.34, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
>> The systemd preferred way to handle backward compatibility with the old
>> /var/run directory is to make /var/run a symlink to /run.
> Wrong… it is bind-mount of /run over /var/run, which is currently
> disabled in PLD.

yes, it's bind mounted. but i don't have much pld-systemd systems around
to verify widely.

```

# mount|grep run
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)
tmpfs on /var/run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)

# rpm -q systemd
systemd-232-7.x86_64

```

non-systemd should do the same, but currently it does not:

```

# mount|grep run
run on /run type tmpfs (rw,relatime,mode=755)

# rpm -q rc-scripts
rc-scripts-0.4.18-1.x86_64

```

--