[packages/systemd] rel 1

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Fri Oct 11 11:53:31 CEST 2019

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 09:11:27 +0200, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:

>>> systemctl preset-all
>>>
>>> Should we call it in %post like docs say?

BTW which docs?

>> I think it's too risky since we don't have enough real-life testing.
>
> So right now we end up with services that are not enabled with this
> version of systemd that were enabled with earlier version (like getty
> for tty1 etc).

Where were they being enabled? I'm not following this package recently,
and can't find any changes in %post*.

> If not call it on upgrade then at least on initial install.

Install should call preset indeed - this operation requires attention anyway.

I remember fixing something around presets:
http://git.pld-linux.org/gitweb.cgi?p=packages/rpm-build-macros.git;a=commitdiff;h=3303369cd82fe4c2d6297d60fec3272066a322c5
(fixed later in aa13c88c1160df49c87ad3d9586c0bc0b4b3bc5d)

...and I wonder if we could call on upgrade:

systemctl preset-all --preset-mode=enable-only

but personally I wouldn't be happy if upgrade enabled services I've
previously disabled[*] - sometimes masking is inappropriate as it prevents
manual service start.

We must also remember about such cases:

http://git.pld-linux.org/gitweb.cgi?p=packages/systemd.git;a=blob;f=systemd.spec;h=67896daaaafd484b51979edb48046d97d86ab5d0;hb=HEAD#l995

- wouldn't this disable everything (not distro-preset"ted" to on) after "preset-all"?

Note the "default.preset" filename, i.e. without priority prefix, would
be applied last (which is correct as the first match wins), but we do
not provide preset files:

$ ipoldek --skip-installed rsearch -f /systemd.\*\.preset$/

systemd-units-241-2.x86_64
zfs-0.8.1-1.x86_64

So I guess this would result in disabled ssh as well (yikes!)

[*] "If no preset files exist, systemctl preset will enable all units that are installed by default"

PS: had no time to add missing directories:
/var/lib/systemd/journal-upload
/var/log/journal/remote

--
Tomasz Pala <gotar at pld-linux.org>