rpm.org, the story so far (summary)

Marcin Krol hawk at pld-linux.org
Wed Dec 2 17:58:45 CET 2020

On 02-Dec-20 16:08, Jan Rękorajski wrote:
> - mutual obsoletes (php* only problem?)
>    I honestly don't know what to do with this, rpm behavior seems sane to me,
>    maybe we should rethink how this is packaged (maybe replace with Conflicts
>    and let administrator deal with it?)

+1 for rethinking :-) Actually I did that long time ago in TLD. The
packaging was changed so all PHP versions are versioned (php_suffix) and
may fully coexist, including devel files. Default PHP for system may be
selected using alternatives. There were/are some quirks especially when
building additional PHP modules from specs, but overally it works fine
for me.

M.