rpm.org, the story so far (summary)

Marcin Krol hawk at pld-linux.org
Thu Dec 3 00:10:03 CET 2020

On 02-Dec-20 21:06, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> the current state in pld php packages is because
> lazy-ness/lack-of-time/no-interest, and you haven't ported your changes
> back :(

I'm not porting back any changes which break "clean" poldek upgrades,
require modification/addition/testing of systemd stuff, applies heavy
changes to packages etc. Also lack of time is the issue here.

> for bulding additional modules there's "-D php_suffix 52" support added
> to builder, not sure if TLD uses that infrastructure.

I'm using it. Works fine except some extremly rare cases with suffixed
php devel stuff and multiple versions of it installed in parallel.

M.