[packages/systemd] - this version is broken in an interesting way, rebooted during upgrade and then became unable to

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Fri Jun 12 19:54:55 CEST 2020

On Wed, 10 Jun 2020, Jan Rękorajski wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jun 2020, Jan Palus wrote:
>
> > On 10.06.2020 09:35, baggins wrote:
> > > commit bcc348b831315aef4775c2f8f9c3b349b3337d5b
> > > Author: Jan Rękorajski <baggins at pld-linux.org>
> > > Date:   Wed Jun 10 09:35:13 2020 +0200
> > >
> > >     - this version is broken in an interesting way, rebooted during upgrade
> > >       and then became unable to boot fully
> >
> > Any clue what went wrong? Worked fine for me in a VM and on real hardware (efi +
> > secure boot + full disk enc + grub2 + dracut).
>
> Unfortunately not. I run 'poldek -F *' expecting systemd update, went to
> grab some coffee and came back to system stuck at reboot. I had to forcing
> the reboot via sysrq-b, since it was abvious that it wasn't a sservice
> issue. After that the workstation couldn't properly boot. No X, kust waiting
> for someting. I was able to access text console, downgrade got my system back in
> order.
>
> I'll try to figure out WTF happened, time permitting.

I've seen you applied some fixes, thanks for all your work.

There is some progress. Once again I tried the update, and again my
system went straight to shutdown/reboot. The difference this time is
that after I did force the reboot via sysrq-b, my workstation is fully
functional now. So, progress :)

Seems to me like 'systemctl daemon-reload' is doing something bad.
Unfortunately I'm unable to catch what's going on, it just happens too
fast.

I'll try rebuilding 245.6-0.1 and updating it to check if that's a
one-time issue.

--
Jan Rękorajski                    | PLD/Linux
SysAdm | baggins<at>pld-linux.org | http://www.pld-linux.org/