rpm4 on carme*

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 17:41:49 CET 2020

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 11:34 AM Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz via pld-devel-en
<pld-devel-en at lists.pld-linux.org> wrote:

> W dniu 22.11.2020 o 17:00, Jan Palus pisze:
> > * adding to the list of invalid chars in Obsoletes: '/' (msmtp: Obsoletes:      /usr/lib/sendmail)
> >
> > * python-Cython built with rpm.org has weird unsatisfied R: python2.7dist(setuptools) / python3.8dist(setuptools)
>
> Could these be https://rpm.org/user_doc/boolean_dependencies.html that
> are not handled by poldek ?
>
> And "/" could be forbidden due to that.

I don't think Cython has a ranged dependency to trigger a boolean
dependency expression.

At least in Fedora, Cython generates a "python3.9dist(setuptools)" dependency.

I would expect python3-setuptools to have a generated "Provides:
python3.8dist(setuptools)" stanza from the pythondist generator.