rpm.org's rpm 4.16.0 ready for testing

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 18:30:47 CEST 2020

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 12:27 PM Jan Rękorajski via pld-devel-en
<pld-devel-en at lists.pld-linux.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Oct 2020, Neal Gompa wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 11:16 AM Jan Rękorajski via pld-devel-en
> > <pld-devel-en at lists.pld-linux.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I have prepared rpm 4.16, poldek and support packages, they are
> > > available on http://ftp1.pld-linux.org/people/baggins/rpm.org/
> > >
> > > I would appreciate if you could test the uprade path, functionality
> > > and tell me if anything is missing / broken.
> > >

> > Is there a set of git repos with the packaging and patches somewhere?
>
> Eveything is in PLD git repo, rpm and rpm-pld-macros on branch rpm.org
>
> http://git.pld-linux.org/gitweb.cgi/packages/rpm.git/
> http://git.pld-linux.org/gitweb.cgi/packages/rpm-pld-macros.git/
>
> Everythong else on master (you need with rpm4 for poldek)
>
> http://git.pld-linux.org/gitweb.cgi/packages/poldek.git/
>
> > Also, as an FYI: rpm-specdump can be retired for rpm's built-in rpmspec(8) tool.
>
> Thanks, but I'll stick with rpm-specdump and rpm-getdeps for now, switching to
> rpmspec may require rewriting build tools. I don't want tp make too
> many, possible breaking, changes at once.

That's fair, but I would suggest making a bug or something for
everything using those to switch over.

> There is also added bonus of forced PY2 -> PY3 transition for other
> tools. rpm5 can't do PY3, rpm.org can't do PY2 :/

What stuff still uses RPM Python bindings that are Python 2 only in
PLD? Most of the RPM ecosystem tools I know of have Python 3 ports
now...