[packages/rpm/rpm.org] - unlock rpmdb in case we're rebuilding db from rpm.org to rpm.org, post transaction scriptlet sho

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Tue Jan 12 10:03:37 CET 2021

On 12.01.2021 09:40, Jan Rękorajski wrote:
> All you could see is "no such file or directory", which is just noise.
> This script was like this for years.

rm -f will not say "no such file or directory" error. try it.

but, it could say unable to delete in case the removed target is
mountpoint and it's "busy", which is error that should be shown, as i
will likely be reason for errors that will follow. in fact, the script
should abort if the operation is not success. i.e path to be deleted
can't be deleted.

unlikely to happen for this very particular case, but we have this kind
of "hide everything pattern" used everywhere, because stupid reasons
like above "has been this for years, i don't know why, i'll just
replicate same code"