Our sip and probably PyQt5 are broken

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Tue Jun 28 08:30:50 CEST 2022

While trying to build new calibre I found out that our sip is quite
broken.

It wants the files in /usr/lib64/python3.10/site-packages/PyQt5/bindings
while we install in /usr/share/sip/PyQt5 and then building calibre fails
with:

SIPing 3 files...
/usr/bin/python3 -c from sipbuild.tools.build import main; main(); --verbose --no-make --qmake /usr/bin/qmake-qt5
Querying qmake about your Qt installation...
/usr/bin/qmake-qt5 -query
These bindings will be built: pictureflow.
Generating the pictureflow bindings...
-c: Q_PID is undefined

The only reference I found is calibre author screaming at broken sip
packagig: http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/showthread.php?p=4132792

I'll try to figure out what's going on, but I wouldn't mind
if someone beats me to it :)

--
Jan Rękorajski                    | PLD/Linux
SysAdm | baggins<at>pld-linux.org | http://www.pld-linux.org/