[packages/python3-git-filter-repo] - new, separated from git-filter-repo.spec (now with python metadata, required for e.g. b4)

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Mon Oct 17 21:38:59 CEST 2022

On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 09:14:27PM +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> wth. how is this any good?
>
> just add the -n python3-git-filter-repo to main git-filter-repo package!
>
> with your package split and the require-line in old spec, you force us
> to keep two .spec files up todate with each release of git-filter-repo,
> additionally deal with sending to builders, and in proper order as well.
>
> why?

github package doesn't contain metadata for python package (or data to
generate them).

pypi package doesn't contain docs for git side.

Alternative solution could be single spec with both sources.
But I didn't know the direction in which the distribution of this package
would evolve, the last release so far was almost year ago.

Now I see there is 2.38.0, I'll check it in few days.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/