remmina not working after llvm upgrade

Andrzej Zawadzki zawadaa at gmail.com
Thu May 25 13:14:09 CEST 2023

   On 25.05.2023 12:35, Jan Palus wrote:

On 25.05.2023 12:04, Andrzej Zawadzki wrote:

   Hi!

   $ remmina
   ** Message: 11:54:59.423: Remmina does not log all output statements.
   Turn on more verbose output by using "G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all" as an
   environment variable.
   More info available on the Remmina wiki at:
   [1][1]https://gitlab.com/Remmina/Remmina/-/wikis/Usage/Remmina-debugging
   Load modules from /usr/lib64/remmina/plugins
   Remmina plugin glibsecret (type=Secret) has been registered, but is not
   yet initialized/activated. The initialization order is 2000.
   The glibsecret secret plugin has been initialized and it will be your
   default secret plugin
   (org.remmina.Remmina:9625): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:55:00.227:
   gtk_menu_attach_to_widget(): menu already attached to GtkMenuItem
   : CommandLine Error: Option 'use-dbg-addr' registered more than once!
   LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options
   Aborted (core dumped)
   Rebuild needed?

Works fine for me. I doubt Remmina has anything to do with LLVM
directly so rebuild wouldn't change anything. Judging by Google results
this could possibly be coming from a Mesa driver. Did you restart your
GUI session (X/Wayland) after an upgrade to make sure new driver is
running?

   Yes, that's after reboot. Could be Mesa, it's upgraded too..

   --

   Andrzej Zawadzki