Still some bugs left...

Sebastian Zagrodzki s.zagrodzki w mimuw.edu.pl
Pon, 25 Gru 2000, 19:03:04 CET

a) everything that's in pcmcia-cs package now should be built together
with kernel - cardmgr checks if modules in /lib/modules/.../pcmcia are
from this kernel version, that cardmgr was built for. It means that you
can't upgrade kernel and not upgrade pcmcia-cs simoultaneously.
b) some options from "APM support" in kernel config are off, while IMHO
they should be turned on (like "Ignore multiple suspend/resume...") -
on some laptops (like IBM Thinkpads or my Chicony ND5) apm --suspend
may cause trouble with these options not enabled.
c) grub still doesn't understand "root=/dev/<device>" option with
initrd enabled. (but I've already sent a bug-report to author)
d) dev package should be rebuilt (it contains invalid /dev/snd ->
/proc/asound/snd link - should point to /proc/asound/dev)
e) ucd-snmp and cmu-snmp - one can't install just snmp-utils without
snmpd (libsnmp should be in separate package - -libs?), and
additionally ucd-snmp requires ucd-snmp-devel. Both ucd-snmp and
cmu-snmp provide libsnmp.so.* (which are, AFAIK, incompatible), but
with different versions (but it can happen someday, that SONAMEs would
be equal...)

I'm leaving tomorrow, so I guess I won't be able to fix this by
myself...

--
Sebastian Zagrodzki			s.zagrodzki w mimuw.edu.pl
UIN 1770835				http://sokrates.mimuw.edu.pl/~zagrodzki

A co mnie obchodzi, co pomyślą inni...