Missing labels with national chars in some widgets (fwd)

Rafał Kleger-Rudomin ip011 w osi.gda.pl
Śro, 16 Lut 2000, 22:29:56 CET

Witam!

Czy ktoś ma może pojęcie o jakie 'character conversion modules'
chodzi?:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 15 Feb 2000 16:59:47 -0500
From: Owen Taylor <otaylor w redhat.com>
To: gtk-i18n-list w redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Gtk] Missing labels with national chars in some widgets

Rafał Kleger-Rudomin <ip011 w osi.gda.pl> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I've noticed following problem with all gtk apps:
>
> Labels containing any national character are not displayed
> by some widgets (eg there are missing entries in menu
> and in checkboxes) while some other widgets display national
> strings properly (e.g label created by 'gtk_frame_new("label")',
> month names and weekday names in calendar widget - these are OK)
...ciach...

I think is caused because you don't have the character conversion modules
installed for GNU libc.

Widgets like the frame widget just treat the string as an opaque chunk
so they don't notice this, but the label widget wants to covert the
string to wide characters, manipulate it that way (to find out word
breaks, etc.), and then convert back.

Regards,
                                        Owen