What is tmpdir?

Pavel Roskin proski w gnu.org
Wto, 27 Cze 2000, 15:50:33 CEST

Hello, Tomasz!

> We are use own version rpm with fiew changes (some now are included in rpm
> 4.0 and 3.0.5 branches and seems next rpm 3.0.5 will provide some PLD
> specyfic changes). One of this diffrences betweend stock and PLD version
> rpm is %{_tmppath} macro:
>
> %tmpdir         %(echo "${TMPDIR:-/tmp}")

If you could imagine how disappointed I was when the build falied just
because of that! And all this just because you decided to save one line in
the spec file.

Now we have different brands of rpm and incompatible source packages with
all the hassle that is so easy to avoid.

> %define         _libexecdir     %{_sbindir}
>
> which assigns %{_libexecdir} to %{_sbindir} and cause installing binaries
> like ftpd in %{_sbindir}. This assingment is usd in %configure and passing
> next time --libexecdir=%{_libexecdir} in this situation is not neccessary
> :_)

The same applies here. All I want is just a recent version of heimdal in a
packaged form - nothing fancy.

> *Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*

I'm not very good in Polish, but I'm afraid that it applies to our
discussion :-)

Regards,
Pavel Roskin

polish  linux  distribution