Sendmail

Michal Margula alchemyx w uznam.top.pl
Sob, 6 Sty 2001, 14:04:12 CET

[sobota, 06 styczeń 2001], Michal Moskal napisał(a):

> On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 10:47:50AM +0100, hocus wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me why Sendmail hangs when I try to start it ? (preparing
> > sendmail db is done ok, but 'starting sendmail service' hangs on 'busy'...
> > What's the reason?
>
> I guess it's not PLD related problem, I had on some old Slackware,
> check if named is running, sendmail is checking hostname
> and if named is not running or not properly configured,
> it hangs.

I had same problem long, long ago (when I was believing that sendmail is The
Right Choice :>) - on Red Hat box. It was hanging if name servers were not
responding or hostname was misspelled or sth.

--
Michal Margula, alchemyx w uznam.top.pl, ICQ UIN 12267440, +)
http://uznam.top.pl/~alchemyx/, PL section of Linux Counter maintainer