regexps in files section (glibc.spec and include files)

wrobell wrobell w posexperts.com.pl
Nie, 7 Sty 2001, 22:33:45 CET

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 02:58:10PM +0100, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jan 2001, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
>
> > On/Dnia Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 04:01:18AM +0100, Jan Rekorajski wrote/napisał(a)
> > > No, because %{_includedir} comes from FHS,
> > > and we'd have it owned by two packages.
> > And afaik it's no problem - rpm allows such situation (?).
> > So maybe: %{_includedir}/* ?
>
> IIRC not all subdirectories from %{_includedir} must be included in output
> package. Try "rpm -bi glibc.spec" and rethink this. If all installed
> subdirecroties == all listed in spec you can simplify this in spec.

It would be nice if we could use regexps in files section of the specs, i.e.

  %attr(755,root,root) %re ^%{_bindir}/[ab]
  %re ^%{_includedir}/[^a]

Then we could simplify some files section and it would be more readable than
current solution, I think. Specs for sawfish, rep-gtk and librep are
coming first to my mind. Examining and changing files section of these
specs is the pain in an ass (sorry, but appropriate words for appropriate
situation), because of its (section) length.

  wrobell <wrobell w posexperts.com.pl>