adm: błędy w specach

Paweł Gołaszewski blues w ds6.pg.gda.pl
Śro, 15 Sty 2003, 00:25:50 CET

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> Co do php-pear to komu możnaby próbować podtykać prośbę o to żeby
> włączyli w katalogach w których są źródła browsing ? (jakby to było
> włączone to i tu także możaby wykrywać automatycznie nowe wersje źródeł)

Podnosiłem to już kilka razy.
Ostatnio padł im na pół dnia site i chyba się coś ruszyło:

<cite>
From: Stig S. Bakken <ssb w fast.no>
To: Jon Parise <jon w php.net>
Cc: pear-dev w lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PEAR-DEV] pear is down

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Jon Parise wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 07:50:41PM -0300, Roberto Bert wrote:
>
> > > I think that pear packages should be put in some browsable form (ftp
or
> > > browsable http).
> > > In situation like today download of any pear package was impossible.
> >
> > IMHO, since this kind of error is rare, we can use our time coding new
> > classes, or improving the existent classes instead of change the way
> > PEAR downloads are.
>
> Yes, but people that _use_ PEAR packages are unable to download them.
>
> In addition, having the PEAR repository available over a more
> "standard" distribution mechanism would allow for easier mirroring.

You mean such as plain file downloads? :)

Here's what I'd like to do:

1. Make a /releases directory and put all the package files there (this
   dir has to be writable by the web server!)

2. Set up download mirrors for this directory

3. Add a "mirror" config setting in the installer

Mirroring the pear.php.net web site is not easy, we'd need to start
generating static pages, and it requires xmlrpc support.  In the long run
we probably need to mirror it, but download mirrors are a quick win.

 - Stig