[rezso@rdsor.ro: [Aurora-sparc-devel] gcc34-3.4.0-0.9 Q]

The Undefined undefine w aramin.net
Czw, 22 Kwi 2004, 10:54:12 CEST

ktos ostatnio podniosl temat 3.4 w pld...
----- Forwarded message from Balint Cristian <rezso w rdsor.ro> -----

From: Balint Cristian <rezso w rdsor.ro>
To: "Tom 'spot' Callaway" <tcallawa w redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:02:44 -0400
Cc: aurora-sparc-user w lists.auroralinux.org,
	aurora-sparc-devel w lists.auroralinux.org
Subject: [Aurora-sparc-devel] gcc34-3.4.0-0.9 Q

Hi Tom !

	Did any got some succes with this pkg. over aurora ?

	Basicaly when i try to build up on my aurora tree (using very updated/latest vs fedora-devel or corona)
it compiles v9/v7 stuff in itself then buildprocess fail in an ugly way at linking each other
(with incompat binaries v7 vs v9). I think the buildchain is buggy but someone maybe correct me.
	Anyone deal with it ?

	What is you opinion about gcc-3.4 that it has changed its ABI:
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.4/sparc-abi.html
	Doh, its saying that "GCC 3.4 will not be binary compatible with earlier releases" ...

	Dont understand exacly the implication of it, we will need to recompile _everyting_ over gcc-3.4 otherwise
will not work ?
	I can see that fedora/linux world turns completly 3.4 and aurora stuff will wait for something like stable/usable 3.4.3
wich happens over 1 year :) .....

	I am interested in this pkg particulary to get tomcat/gcj goodies work !!