[procps-3.2.3] Fwd: very obsolete man pages

Andrzej Krzysztofowicz ankry w green.mif.pg.gda.pl
Pon, 16 Sie 2004, 20:21:35 CEST

=?iso-8859-2?q?Pawe=B3_Sikora?= wrote:

> Subject: very obsolete man pages
> Date: Monday 16 of August 2004 16:43
> From: Albert Cahalan <albert w users.sf.net>
> To: pluto w pld-linux.org
>
> I'm having trouble getting a response out of anyone
> at PLD Linux. (language problem?) Hopefully you can help.
>
> PLD has 8 translations of the "ps" man page.
> 5 of the 8 are hopelessly obsolete. Please delete them.

No. We are waiting for somebody to update them.

> Junk: es fr hu it pl
>
> The others (de,ja,nl) are OK, but still should be updated.
> The procps-3.2.3 release has a much more descriptive
> man page.
>
> The important point though: delete es,fr,hu,it,pl
> It's better to not have any man page at all.

If you need an up-to-date one you _always_ should do:

LANG=C man ...

  Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz               ankry w mif.pg.gda.pl
  phone (48)(58) 347 14 61
Faculty of Applied Phys. & Math.,   Gdansk University of Technology