pentium3.rpm

Paweł Sikora pluto w ds14.agh.edu.pl
Wto, 23 Mar 2004, 12:19:15 CET

On Tuesday 23 of March 2004 09:23, Marcin Krzyzanowski wrote:
> Uz.ytkownik Pawe? Sikora napisa?:
> > tak, to normalne.
> > tak samo jak na athlone rpm buduje domyslnie paczki
> > pod athlona, tak samo na p3 buduje paczki pod p3.
> > wewnetrzny algorytm rpma wybiera domyslnie *najbardziej*
> > *zaawansowany technologicznie* procesor.
>
> gdzie p3 > p4 nadal :)

chodzi ci o to nieszczesne pentium-M z sse2 wykrywane prze rpm jako p3?

"Intel recently announced its new technology for mobile platforms,
 named Centrino, and presents it as a big advance in mobile PCs.
 One of the main part of Centrino consists in a brand new CPU,
 the Pentium M, codenamed Banias, that we'll study in this review.
 A particularity of this CPU is that it was designed for mobile platform
 exclusively, unlike previous mobile CPU (Pentium !!!-M, Pentium 4-M)
 that share the same micro-architecture as their desktop counterparts.

 The Pentium M introduces a new micro-architecture, adapted for mobility
 constraints, and that is halfway between the Pentium !!! and the Pentium 4.
 Intel did not give a special name for this architecture,
 so we'll call it "P6+" in this article."
                  ^^^^^

ja sie w detekcje takich wynalazkow nie mam czasu bawic.
jak komus bedzie to potrzebne, to sobie zrobi.

zerknij sobie w dokumetnacje intela.

 F  : M  : S
0110:0111:xxxx - Pentium III (model 7)
                 Pentium III Xeon (model 7)
0110:1000:xxxx - Pentium III (model 8)
                 Pentium III Xeon (model 8)
                 Celeron (model 8)
0110:1001:xxxx - Pentium M
0110:1010:xxxx - Pentium III Xeon (model A)
0110:1011:xxxx - Pentium III (model B)

1111:0000:xxxx - Pentium 4, Xeon                |all: 0.18um
1111:0001:xxxx - Pentium 4, Xeon MP, Celeron    |all: 0.18um
1111:0010:xxxx - Pentium 4, Mobile Pentium 4-M,
                 Xeon, Xeon MP, Celeron,
                 Mobile Celeron                 |all: 0.13um
1111:0011:xxxx - Pentium 4, Celeron             |all: 0.09um

zakres f:m wykrywany przez funkcje is_pentium3()
pokrywa sie z tym co publikuje intel.

--
If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo,
  then Linux is Dolby Digital and all the music is free...