LiveCD, wyszlismy poza Polske

havner havner w matrix.kamp.pl
Pon, 29 Mar 2004, 16:09:34 CEST

On Friday 26 March 2004 12:36, you wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Uli Mildschlag wrote:
> > Thank you! Great work!
> >
> > U.M.
>
> Thanks.
> That's great that someone can appreciate my work. Soon homepage will be
> translated to english, so it will be easier for you to see what's going
> on.
>
> Are german locale made ok? (from your email i suppose you're German)
>
> ---
> Best regards
> havner

Everything works fine. Yesterday I invited three friends of mine and we
created a LiveCD with fvwm2 and xevil :) They were surprised how easy it
is
to create the CD. They all use Debian and Knoppix and were impressed of
poldek and how easy it is to install new packages on the LiveCD's ROOTFS.

I'm goning to install PLD on a small network in a primary school, too.
I started with Debian there, but now the new PLD-MINI-ISOs seem stable
enough
to give it a try. It's very nice that the system is quick to install on
older
hardware, too.

Impatiently I am waiting for more english documentation on the PLD-Server
(I tried to subscribe two old mailing lists on pld.org.pl before...:)).
Especially PLD-Traffic is a little bit hard for me to read (perhaps I'll
learn some Polish in the future). For now I am very happy with the system
and
I am waiting for the first Linux-Book with a PLD-Live-CD inside.

Thank you once more, especially for the Remaster-README.

Greetings from Trier,

U.M.