SPECS: mythtv.spec - i586 has mmx

Andrzej Krzysztofowicz ankry w green.mif.pg.gda.pl
Pon, 17 Paź 2005, 18:34:59 CEST

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Pawe=B3_Go=B3aszewski?= wrote:
> > > BTW, is it runtime choice ?
> > > If not:
> > > - not all i586 has mmx (eg. Cyrix / AMD K5)
> > > - even not all Pentiums has mmx ( < 150MHz definetely don't)
> > ven 166 was with and without mmx, 2 different cores m not sure if i saw
> > 200 without mmx too.
>
> P-200 was with and without mmx.
> P-233 was AFAIR the first mmx-only CPU.

Of course. I meant that all < 150MHz were no-mmx, AFAIR.

And "pentium" should also be added to excludearch (or we do not support
this?)

> But... this spec assumes also that every i686 has mmx. And it's not true
> :( - there were such veeeery nice and veeery old-first-i686, called
> Pentium Pro. non-mmx, sorry...

So the key question is: is the code "runtime choice" or not ?
If not, it should only be enabled for archs like pentium2, pentium3, etc.

  Andrzej M. Krzysztofowicz               ankry w mif.pg.gda.pl
  phone (48)(58) 347 14 61
Faculty of Applied Phys. & Math.,   Gdansk University of Technology