[ooo-announce] OpenOffice.org 2.0 Release Candidate

Paweł Gołaszewski blues w pld-linux.org
Czw, 29 Wrz 2005, 13:14:05 CEST

--
If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then Linux is Dolby
Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost and all the music is free.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 10:29:10 +0200
From: Louis Suarez-Potts <luispo w gmail.com>
To: announce w openoffice.org
Cc: discuss <discuss w openoffice.org>, users w openoffice.org,
    dev w native-lang.openoffice.org, dev w openoffice.org
Subject: [ooo-announce] OpenOffice.org 2.0 Release Candidate

All,

OpenOffice.org 2.0 has gone from being a Beta to a Release Candidate (RC).
Congratulations to all who made this possible!  As an RC, OpenOffice.org 2.0 RC
still--even more so--needs to be downloaded and tested by the community.  So we
urge you to go to <http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.0rc/index.html> and start
the fun.  The sooner we clean up the bugs, the sooner we can come out with
OpenOffice.org 2.0.

And what is OpenOffice.org 2.0?  The world's best and easiest to use free
productivity suite.  Read the product page and features pages for more
information.

* OpenOffice.org 2.0 RC <http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.0rc/index.html>
* Product <http://www.openoffice.org/product2/index.html>
* Features <http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/features/2.0/index.html>

*** NOTE: For right now, Windows user will have to remove older Beta and
developer builds prior to the installation of the RC because of an incorrect
interpretation of their version information by the Windows Installer. As a
matter of course the stable version OpenOffice.org 1.1.x (most recent: 1.1.5)
can be used concurrently.

Cheers to all,

Team OpenOffice.org