poldek + rpm

Patryk Zawadzki patrys w pld-linux.org
Nie, 1 Cze 2008, 17:16:47 CEST

Hi,

This morning I do an upgrade and my system breaks once again. RPM got
upgraded to db4.7 leaving poldek useless before it had a chance to
upgrade poldek itself. Luckily I also have yum and smart installed.

Proposal:

In rpm.spec add Provides: rpm-db-ver = 4.7

In poldek.spec add Requires: rpm-db-ver = 4.7

This way we can force poldek to upgrade itself when upgrading rpm and
block rpm upgrades until a new poldek build is available. A better
solution would be to fix poldek to not read rpm internals directly but
I'm afraid it won't happen.

Any objections? If not, I will commit this change later today.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution