SPECS: kernel-vanilla.spec - firmware subpackage

Bartosz Świątek shadzik w gmail.com
Pon, 13 Paź 2008, 15:17:02 CEST

W dniu 13 października 2008 11:21 użytkownik Paweł Zuzelski
<z w xatka.net> napisał:
> On Sunday 12 of October 2008 18:11:37 shadzik wrote:
>> Author: shadzik                      Date: Sun Oct 12 16:11:37 2008 GMT
>> Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
>> ---- Log message:
>> - firmware subpackage
>
> Kernel does not build --with noarch now.
>
> 1. firmware is %installed if and only if --without noarch
> 2. subpackage firmware is built --without noarch AND --with noarch

Yes, because it's an config option, and it's always set as it takes
like no-time to "compile" these firmware files.

> I'm not sure how to fix it. Is firmware noarch?

Indeed, firmware files are architecture independent, but how to make
it right, to get just these things converted without actually building
the kernel? - I'm afraid there might be no other way, but I also might
be wrong.

A temporary fix to this is to move the firmware %files section a bit
higher (which I already did).

But the real sollution would be something that makes the firmware
build without actually touching the kernel - so that it's still fast.
Something like going into the firmware folder and forcing it there to
build.