packages: grub2/grub.sysconfig - default no recovery menu

Bartosz Świątek shadzik w gmail.com
Pią, 4 Gru 2009, 19:56:50 CET

W dniu 4 grudnia 2009 19:42 użytkownik Elan Ruusamäe
<glen w pld-linux.org> napisał:
> On Friday 04 December 2009 15:46:20 Bartosz Świątek wrote:
>> 2009/12/4 glen <glen w pld-linux.org>:
>> > Author: glen                         Date: Fri Dec  4 13:27:41 2009 GMT
>> > Module: packages                      Tag: HEAD
>> > ---- Log message:
>> > - default no recovery menu
>>
>> Boy, have you lost your mind!?
>> I find that option pretty useful so don't freaking turn it off by
>> default!!!!
>
> press 'e' to edit grub commandline or supply whatever you want in kernel
> commandline.

Yep, sure, I'm gonna waste my time by pressing 'e' each time I wan't
single user mode - that's dump - really dump.

>> Can you for once not try to fuck up configurations of other people!?
> i added the feature i can disable it being default on as well.

Yes, since when? I brought kde4 to PLD I can remove it? What fucking
philosophy is this? Are you drunk?

> if you want otherwise, disable/enable in your config.

You do so if this option adds "to much noise" to your menu. By default
this option is used by many distros, why should we do it otherwise?

> before my changes you had nothing, not even broken or working config.

Bla bla bla, you're really a hero. If it wasn't you, someone else
would have added it.

>> +1 to revert
> where did you got the votes that you already revert-commited?

Didn't have time to either wait for your response or to make a survey.
Your php changes did cost me too much time after an upgrade so I
dicided to prevent the same now with grub2.

--
"I'm living proof if you do one thing right in your career, you can
coast for a long time. A LOOOOONG time." -Guy Kawasaki