PAE on i686 by default in TH

Łukasz Maśko ed w yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Wto, 10 Lut 2009, 19:29:09 CET

Dnia wtorek, 10 lutego 2009, Łukasz Jernaś napisał:
> 2009/2/10 Bartosz Świątek <shadzik w gmail.com>:
> > 2009/2/10 Bartosz Świątek <shadzik w gmail.com>:
> >> W dniu 10 lutego 2009 15:59 użytkownik Patryk Zawadzki
> >
> > Again wikipedia:
> >
> > "Physical Address Extension (PAE) is a feature of x86 and x86-64
> > processors that enable the use of more than 4 gigabytes[1] of physical
> > memory to be used in 32-bit systems, given appropriate operating
> > system support. PAE is provided by Intel Pentium Pro and above CPUs
> > (including all later Pentium-series processors except the 400 MHz bus
> > versions of the Pentium M), as well as by some compatible processors
> > such as the Athlon and later models from AMD."
> >
> > So it's definitely just a software extension, which means 32bit
> > processors will support it too.
>
> Yup, quote frome /proc/cpuinfo on my 4 year old Celeron M laptop:
> flags: .... pae ....

And on my Dell D400:

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 13
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz
stepping        : 6
cpu MHz         : 1600.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe up bts est tm2
bogomips        : 3190.53
clflush size    : 64
power management:

I can see 'pse', 'pge', 'pat', 'pbe', but no 'pae'. Does it mean that I'll
vahe to rebuild kernel myself? If yes, then I'm against.

--
Łukasz Maśko                                           GG:   2441498    _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\