packages: mumble/mumble.spec - /etc/murmur must be owned by murmur

Bartosz Świątek shadzik w gmail.com
Pią, 16 Kwi 2010, 12:29:33 CEST

2010/4/16 Elan Ruusamäe <glen w pld-linux.org>:
> On Thursday 15 April 2010 22:23:26 shadzik wrote:
>> -%dir %{_sysconfdir}/murmur
>> +%attr(755,murmur,murmur) %dir %{_sysconfdir}/murmur
>
> no, we usually do not let services own the dir, but later allow writing dir
> via group ownership, this way they can't fck up the permissions, but still
> can write, add/remove files there:
> %attr(775,root,murmur) %dir %{_sysconfdir}/murmur
>
> that said, if you do not need service to add/remove/move files in that dir,
> you don't need to give it write permission to DIR, but files only.

Murmur stores it's database there, so it needs write priviledges... I
don't care whether it gets these privs my way or yours ;) so
%attr(775,root,murmur) is also fine by me ;)

--
"I'm living proof if you do one thing right in your career, you can
coast for a long time. A LOOOOONG time." -Guy Kawasaki