Qt packaging

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Fri Jul 22 11:03:54 CEST 2022

Can someone explain why are we using split sources/packages for Qt?

I want to add Qt6 and building from the monolythic source is soooo much
easier. No need for bootstrap, no intertwined build dependencies, just
configure -> build -> build docs -> install.

And unless there is a _very_ good reason to use split sources I'm just going
to add a single qt6 package that builds everything (we can still subpackage
bineries as we want them).

--
Jan Rękorajski                    | PLD/Linux
SysAdm | baggins<at>pld-linux.org | http://www.pld-linux.org/