[malte.d@gmx.net: [R31] [ANNOUNCE] Single ACPI+R31 Patch]

Sergiusz Pawlowicz ser w metalab.unc.edu
Nie, 25 Maj 2003, 20:52:16 CEST

czy mógłbym prosić o włączenie tej paczki do naszego jądra?

--s+

----- Forwarded message from Malte Doersam <malte.d w gmx.net> -----

From: Malte Doersam <malte.d w gmx.net>
To: r31 w rnbhq.org
Subject: [R31] [ANNOUNCE] Single ACPI+R31 Patch
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 15:14:04 +0200
Hi everbody,

as I saw, this DSDT disassembly is nothing for the faint-hearted :-)

So I created a simple patch against vanilla 2.4.21-rc3, which adds the
'official' ACPI patch _and_ some specific modifications for the R31 including
a 'fixed' DSDT.

http://home.fhtw-berlin.de/~s0502837/r31/patch/

It's important to use the Intel driver for the e100, then S1 works quite nice
(i.e. echo 1 > /proc/acpi/sleep)

If you apply this patch, you can simply add APM and ACPI and turn off ACPI by
default with the kernel argument acpi=off. (this is untested, but should
work)

Try it out and report ACPI problems. Trivial problems in the DSDT could be
probably solved by me...

If there is more interest, I could also add the irda-patch and maybe even this
laptop-patch Robos mentioned the other day...

cheers
Malte

P.S. please note that this patch taints the kernel, the dsdt-code has no
explicit copyright-notes.  However your are integrating non GPL stuff into
your kernel...
Using reverse engeneering  for interoperability is at least in Germany legal.
Furthermore, I think, this is 'fair use'.