kernel-headers-2.6.0-test5.cset20030912_0513.rel0.2 - not complete ?

Marek Guevara Braun marek.guevara w atm.com.pl
Śro, 8 Paź 2003, 21:41:42 CEST

Marek Guevara Braun wrote:
> But modprobe nvidia gives me:
> FATAL: Error inserting nvidia (/lib/modules/2.6.0/misc/nvidia.ko):
> Invalid module format.
> Has anyone got any idea why?

In the mean time I have changed to test6.

OK. elfls reported that nvidia.ko was build with egcs 2.96.sth...
and the rest of my kernel was build with gcc 3.3.1.
modprobe --force nvidia works OK, but I have still got no idea
why the module reports that it was made with egcs.

I had egcs, removed it from my system and rebuild the module
again, and again with CC=gcc, and still, it reports egcs 2.96 :-)

Marek

PS. It looks that make in the nvidia directory starts building
process of the kernel supplied modules - interesting.