Kernel lockups

Paweł Gołaszewski blues w pld-linux.org
Śro, 2 Sie 2006, 10:08:08 CEST

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, Paweł Gołaszewski wrote:
> I have problem with my machine. It hangs from time to time (~ once per
> week) - yesterday first time anything left in logs (attached). Earlier I
> had clear logs and sometimes on console was some "Memory Fault" or some
> omm-killer actions.
[...]
> The problem is similar to mine:
> http://www.forum-informatica-pro.info/index.php/m/128695/
>
> I have e1000 on board too and the problems seems to be really similar
> (except I don't use nbd). Something seems to "eat" the memory, not
> releasing it. The load is raising to ~50-100 and system is dead. Mostly
> even Sysrq is not working.

It seems that this was my problem:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0601.1/1817.html

In 2.6.17 that patch is applied and now seems to be working well (will see
in next few days).

--
If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then Linux is Dolby
Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost and all the music is free.