[LINUX_2_6] Which VServer version for 2.6.19 ?

Marek Guevara Braun mguevara w acn.waw.pl
Śro, 13 Gru 2006, 00:17:30 CET

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 December 2006 14:18, Marek Guevara Braun wrote:
>> Which VServer version we should put in the 2.6.19 LINUX_2_6?
>>
>> On the project site there are three interesting versions:
>>
>> * vs2.1.1.5 -  the latest version of the Linux-VServer development patch
>> * vs2.2.0-rc4 - the latest prepatch version of the upcoming stable
>> Linux-VServer patch
>> * vs2.3.0.3 - the latest prepatch version of the upcoming Linux-VServer
>> development patch
>
> Which one uses these new 2.6.19 pro-virtualization features (uts namespaces
> etc) ?

All of them uses utsname stuff, for the ipc namespaces from openvz guys
- this is also included in the vanilla kernel, and vserver uses the code
but I can't tell (haven't look at the code) is utsname and ipc
virtualization used directly by vserver.

btw. all mentioned VServer versions shares most of the code with the
exception of stable v2.2 which throwed away some 2.1 and 2.3 (not stable
enough ?) features.

For now I've included 2.1 version of vs for 2.6.19, but need to update
configs and prepare grsecurity to build and test the package.

Regards,
Marek