[LINUX_2_6] Badness in local_bh_enable at kernel/softirq.c:144

Marek Guevara Braun marek.guevara w atm.com.pl
Pią, 19 Maj 2006, 11:31:40 CEST

Marek Guevara Braun wrote:

> Anyway how could I track the exact which part of kernel generates
> the message ? Do we have any debug enabled bcond (I haven't seen any) ?

OK. msg is from calling WARN_ON macro from mentioned in the backtrace
kernel/softirq.c:144 that means that we try to enable bh processing
on the local cpu but we have irqs disabled - this is probably not fatal
(or is it?) - what could be responsible for that ? Preemptive features ?

The WARN_ON is for some purpose.

Do you know how bad is the situation (I'm not writing about filling
/var/log partition of course ;-)

Greets,
Marek