TEST build ERRORS: kernel.spec

Adam Gołębiowski adamg w biomerieux.pl
Śro, 6 Wrz 2006, 10:25:29 CEST

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 10:10:03AM +0200, Marcin Król wrote:
> On 2006-09-06 09:33, PLD ac-i386 builder wrote:
> > kernel.spec (LINUX_2_6): FAILED
>
> We are definitely not ready for release 1 yet. Kernel doesn't even
> build. On all archs... And 2.6.18 is knocking to our doors. I think I
> will reconsider puting 2.6.16 as main Ac kernel :(

Please do, LINUX_2_6_16 was tested and confirmed to be working on
various configuration - Vserver, Xen and even Vserver inside Xen's domU.
Additionaly RMF has recently fixed Xen on amd64, though it needs some
serious testing.

I am all for putting 2.6.16.x into ac-main and replace buggy and
insecure 2.6.14.x which can be DOSed by a local user.

> We really need more people interested in keeping our kernel up to date
> (and working).

-ENOTENOUGHSKILLS :|
Though I can do my best and at least try...

--
 http://www.mysza.eu.org/ | Everybody needs someone sure, someone true,
   PLD Linux developer    | Everybody needs some solid rock, I know I do.