Is the development of PLD livecd stopped?

Alberto Maria C. albertomaria at tiscalinet.it
Sun Sep 19 09:52:03 CEST 2004

Hello!

Sorry to bother You but I was asking myself why the only live distribution with: opengl N-vidia support + both Gnome/KDE/other environment + lot of skins + lot of screensavers + drives automount + tons of useful applications +... has been discontinued.

The only thing, to me, Linux PLD lacks is an installation and a bootmanager (e.g. LILO) to boot, optionally, both from MBR and from the dedicated partitions (eventually driven by precedent Bootmanager, like in my case)

Of course I don't want to reduce the PLD distribution to those upmentioned elements; I meant that this distribution has not forgot the desktop's estethic capabilities giving a guy like me, with no knowledge of Linux to use it without worries and with "beginner's satisfactions".

Thanks for Your attention!

My regards

Alberto