rootfs fsck check - too early?

Jacek Konieczny jajcus w jajcus.net
Pią, 13 Kwi 2007, 10:35:04 CEST

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 07:08:23PM +0200, Adam Gołębiowski wrote:
> Isn't it too early? Akcyza - with rootfs on lvm built on top of soft
> raid5 - was down for a few hours today after power failure, and the
> bootup process stoped on the abovementioned fsck due to reiserfsck
> complaining about missing /dev/sys/rootfs device.
>
> We are assembling soft raid a little bit later (line 550). Shouldn't we
> move fsck there?

I guess root filesystem RAID was already assembled (rc-scripts won't run
otherwise). It was LVM scan not done and LVM device nodes not created. I
had the same problem on my machine. I "fixed" that by using "/dev/root"
(or something like that) in /etc/fstab. But that broken initrd
generation (so the machine didn't boot after kernel upgrade).

Greets,
        Jacek