pidofproc function with --pidfile options

Jacek Konieczny jajcus w jajcus.net
Pon, 16 Kwi 2007, 09:41:21 CEST

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 11:20:01PM +0200, Pawel Golaszewski wrote:
> I had problem with:
> killproc --pidfile
>
> when pidfile was a bit non-standard.
> haproxy started as 2-thread daemon, produces pid file with one pid number
> per line. Current rc-scripts are causing to stop only first process, the
> second one stays untouched.
> I don't know if standards allow to have such a pid but rc-scripts should
> handle even such a situation, IMO.

AFAIR I have seen pid files which contained a pid number in the first
line, and some other data later, so I don't thin that your assumptions
about pid file contents are correct. Though, I am not able to find any
of such pid files now.

Greets,
        Jacek