via vt8251

Miesiu linux_mdk w wp.pl
Nie, 1 Sty 2006, 01:27:58 CET

Dnia sobota, 31 grudnia 2005 16:32, PLD napisał:
> Mam pytanko, czy ktos walczyl juz z nowym chipsetem via vt8251?

Chyba czeka Cię zainstalowanie systemu na innym kompie a następnie
rekompilacja jajka i dopiero montowanie dysku w docelowym kompie:

http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=68455&STARTPAGE=2

Patrz w połowie postu.

-----------------------------------
I got mine to work using the following "self"patch

All additions were made to files in /usr/src/linux, makesureyoubackup the
origional via82cxxx.c and pci_ids.hbeforemakingchanges.

---drivers/ide/pci/via82cxxx.c
drivers/ide/pci/via82cxxx.c
@@ -80,680,7@@static struct via_isa_bridge {
u16 flags;
} via_isa_bridges[] = {
{ "vt6410",PCI_DEVICE_ID_VIA_6410,0x00,0x2f, VIA_UDMA_133 | VIA_BAD_AST},
{"vt8251", PCI_DEVICE_ID_VIA_8251, 0x00,0x2f,VIA_UDMA_133| VIA_BAD_AST },
<----ADD THIS LINE

---------------------------

---include/linux/pci_ids.h
include/linux/pci_ids.h
@@ -1244,61244,7@@
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_VIA_8378_0 0x3205
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_VIA_8783_0 0x3208
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_VIA_8237 0x3227
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_VIA_8251 0x3287    <----ADDTHIS LINE

The items you add is the line with the " "in it. After adding the lines,
recompile your kernel and make sure both generic and VIA ide kernel support
is compiled in. The above lines will allow for the PATA controller to operate
in DMA mode, I am unsure about the SATA since I do not use it at this time.If
ig et a fix for that I will post it here as well.

Powodzenia
Miesiu
--
Zobacz Dysk w Zegarku: