New install - problems

Chris Picton Chris.Picton at BTGNet.net
Fri Jan 19 07:59:45 CET 2001

Hi

I have the following setup:

3 POP servers mounting a common NFS mail spool and 3 MX servers
delivering to this spool using postfix. (They are actually the same 3
machines)

The mail spool is in maildir format.

I have about 15000 mail accounts.  I do not have local user accounts on
each of the machines for these users. Rather, I am using PAM
authenticating the ussers off a remote RADIUS system (which is also used
for dial up)

I had to modify the solid-pop3d code slightly to allow this.  All
maildirs are owned by user 'mail'.

My spop3d.conf:

<Global>
  LogPriority    local1.info
  MailDropName   /var/spool/mail/%s
  MailDropType   maildir
  UserOverride   false
  ChangeGID      false
  LogStatistics    true
  UserBullFile   /var/spool/mail/server-bulletins/users/%s
  BulletinDirectory /var/spool/mail/server-bulletins/bulletins
  AddBulletins   true
</Global>

My questions:

Is solid-pop3d (ver 0.15) stable (solid) enough for this setup (I am
using inetd)?

How will it handle the same user connecting at the same time on two of
the servers?

--
Chris Picton
Bytes Technology Group Systems Developer