vmailmgr compatibility?

Ben Schumacher ben at blahr.com
Thu Mar 15 19:19:44 CET 2001

Jonathan-

Although I don't have the answer to this question, I am looking for it as
well.  I am in basically the same situation, which is I want to use qmail
with a custom virtual domain setup (not vmailmgr, but something I'm
developing on my on) specifically because I want to be able to offer my
users the ability to use a shell account and any number of mbox-based
MUA's.

Unfortunately, the people on the qmail mailing list aren't all that forth
coming with a solution to this problem.  (basically, they feel that
anybody would be stupid to want to give their users the ability to use
something they are comfortable with, versus using a design philosophy they
feel is better.)

I would be very interested in hearing any solution somebody would have for
using spop3d with mboxes in directories that can be specified either from
the command line or via an environment variable.

Thanks,

Ben