Long authentication times

Chris Picton cpicton at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 19 11:43:23 CET 2001

Hi

I am running solid-pop3d reading from an nfs mounted mail spool

I am using PAM authentication, authenticating off a radius server.

When I telnet to port 110, and do a user/pass sequence, I have to wait
about 16 seconds until I get the +OK authentication successful response

If I run a perl script to check my radius authentication, the response
is instantaneous.
Also doing file operations on the mail spool has no delay.

How can I debug where the delay in authentication is happening?

--
Chris Picton
Bytes Technology Group Systems Developer