SolidPOP3D breaks RFC1939

Piotr Sulecki Piotr.Sulecki at ios.krakow.pl
Wed May 30 14:54:46 CEST 2001

Ave!

I have tried SolidPOP3d yesterday and it looks good and stable. However,
I was browsing RFC1939 today and found at least two points where
SolidPOP3d breaks it.

First, SolidPOP3d allows setting the inactivity timeout to any value,
and one example mentions setting it to 5 seconds. RFC1939 specifies that
if an optional inactivity timeout is present, it must be of at least 10
minutes duration.

Second, mailbox lock handling is different that the one specified in
RFC1939: it says clearly that the mailbox should be exclusively locked
since the successfull authorization throughout the whole transaction and
update state and only released when the update is finished and the
connection broken.

Both of these issues are rather minor and should be easy to fix.

Regards,

Piotr Sulecki,
Institute of Metal Cutting, Cracow, Poland.