SPECS: skype.spec - fixed .desktop file

Fryderyk Dziarmagowski freetz at gmx.net
Sun Sep 19 23:19:33 CEST 2004

--- Paweł Gołaszewski <blues at pld-linux.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, freetz wrote:
> > Author: freetz                       Date: Sun Sep 19 15:10:05 2004 GMT
> > Module: SPECS                         Tag: HEAD
> > ---- Log message:
> > - fixed .desktop file
> >
> > ---- Files affected:
> > SPECS:
> >    skype.spec (1.11 -> 1.12)
> [...]
> > -
> > +sed -i -e 's/Network;Application;/Qt;KDE;Network;InstantMessaging;/' \
> > +	%{name}.desktop
> [...]
>
> This kind sed-patching is really popular now. It's wrong.

It's wrong because is popular? ;)

> TheRightWay(TM) is to make real patch on original sources and send it to
> author... Why?
> - when something will change in sources - we'll know about that...

well, for example skype turns into web server... what are you talking
about?  What kind of changes can it be? i think you got nothing better
to do...

> - author can include it - no more care in future

it's bullshit. send patches to GNOME authors with Application kicked
out an you will see.

> - it's reliable. Will not do anything what we don't want to...
> Please, don't do such a patching.

It's nothing wrong with it and most of developers use this stuff. It
good, clean and saves my time. if you got to much time please, feel
free to diff sources and maintain the patch.

--
Fryderyk Dziarmagowski